photo Home-01_zps4183128e.jpg              photo AboutJess-02_zps9efae9a4.jpg              photo Email-03_zpsfe60254d.jpg              photo Sponsor-04_zpsad5f9cd7.jpg

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

DIY Topiary Crafternoon Project



My apartment seemed lacking some life. Since we can't have pets and I can't keep a plant alive, I turned to the next best thing... a Topiary!

This project was EASY! Anyone could make this super cute craft and it was very cheap.

The supplies you will need are:
  • 2 different size moss balls (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby)
  • 1 Dowel (You choose what size fits best with your moss balls)
  • Jute String
  • Container to hold topiary
  • Extra moss for the container
  • Foam
  • Hot Glue Gun
I started by putting the dowel through the center of the two topiary balls. I eyeballed what looked good for the spacing. I then glued and wrapped the jute around the dowel to give it a more natural look. 





I just bought a cheap flower pot and painted it the color I wanted to coordinate with the room. I already had the mustard yellow (or Mac and Cheese yellow) craft paint and used a foam brush to apply.


I bought the foam at the same time as the pot and found the same circumference to fit perfectly into the pot to hold the dowel up. I measured to find the middle and made a hole. 


I then hot glued the extra moss I bought to the foam. This is super fun but soo messy!



I then placed it in the pot and touched up the edges where the foam was still showing. 


 All you need to do now is put the dowel in the pot! Easy project! 


My husband even loves the color and life it brings to our apartment! Let me know what you think! If you like this project you may want to check out our dresser revamped into an entertainment center here.

-Jess

Oh and one more thing. I've been contemplating a give away... How would you like to win cute items for your home?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...