photo Home-01_zps4183128e.jpg              photo AboutJess-02_zps9efae9a4.jpg              photo Email-03_zpsfe60254d.jpg              photo Sponsor-04_zpsad5f9cd7.jpg

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

DIY Chalkboard Labels


Good crafternoon! Today I am sharing on of my new favorite secrets... how to create your own chalkboard labels. Chalkboard decorations are so popular right now, and I love this trend! I just bought a new mail holder at Home Goods, and it seemed a little plain. I really wanted to add a chalkboard label, but after searching them online, $10 seemed a little high for this cute addition. I was shopping around for an alternative, when I scored a whole book of chalkboard paper (who knew this even existed?!) for $2.50 at Wal-Mart!!

I came home and the wheels started turning for what I could do with this whole book of chalkboard paper. My first project was to spruce up the mail holder I told you about. I found a pattern I liked online and made a stencil.



I then traced it onto the chalkboard paper. 


I cut it out, and bam, a chalkboard label. It probably costs less than five cents to make. 


I used a chalkboard marker I already had to write "mail" and attached it to the container. 


These labels would be so cute on flour and sugar holders, for boxes full of items in the kitchen or office, or even in the bathroom on different holders. You can create any shape you want, so be creative. Enjoy!!

-Jessica 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...