photo Home-01_zps4183128e.jpg              photo AboutJess-02_zps9efae9a4.jpg              photo Email-03_zpsfe60254d.jpg              photo Sponsor-04_zpsad5f9cd7.jpg

Friday, June 28, 2013

DIY Chalkboard Key Holder


I know, I know, another chalkboard paint post. Right now chalkboard paint is something I want to put on everything. This will be my last chalkboard post for a while, but this holder turned out so cute I just had to share! Cliff and I live in an apartment where we have keys to the mail box, the gym, and the pool. It's so much fun living here, but we had a hard time at first keeping track of the keys, especially when they only gave us one copy and they look so similar. I thrifted this key holder for a dollar (I think they sell similar looking wood projects in the craft isles for not too much). 

It had some paint on it, so I gave it a light sanding so it would hold the paint. 


I used the chalkboard paint I bought at Wal-Mart for under $5 (I have used it on multiple projects) and covered the wood with paint. I did two coats just to make sure I got in all the small areas. 

Let it dry. (Is that even a step??)

\

And then I used a chalkboard pen to write which key was which. I tied my keys on a burlap ribbon just to make sure I won't loose a little key. (It drives my husband nuts but I think it's pretty cute). The nice thing about the chalkboard paint, is you can change the wording depending on which keys you want to hang up. 





Enjoy!

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...