photo Home-01_zps4183128e.jpg              photo AboutJess-02_zps9efae9a4.jpg              photo Email-03_zpsfe60254d.jpg              photo Sponsor-04_zpsad5f9cd7.jpg

Monday, September 30, 2013

How to Add Character Pieces to your Home

Anybody think I fell off the map? I sure did. Last week I had a mini vacation visiting my family and friends in Utah! No blogging, just eating lots of food, chatting, watching movies, going to Soda Run and trying a Dr. Evil (it's only the greatest thing to hit my mouth... Coconut and Dr. Pepper. YUM!).

After getting back to the big city of Las Vegas I was bombarded by the husband spoiling me with a date night to seafood and comedian John Caparulo on Friday night and Nascar Trucks on Saturday! It was a blast. You may have already seen my updates on instagram. If you're not a follower, you should be http://instagram.com/jay_zeeee. You can check out my awesome redneckedness (it's a real word, don't worry about it).

Anyways, last night my husband took me out to a dry lake bed just outside of Vegas with the intention of taking pictures of somethings for my blog. He's the sweetest.

So without further ado, I would like to introduce you to my beautiful typewriter...






Isn't she a beaut?? We found this diamond at a garage sale in Cliff's hometown. As soon as a I saw it I fell in love. For me, this typewriter is a representation of who I am. It's unique, antique, tells a story, and is super cute. 

My suggestions for you when adding character pieces to your home are the following:

1. Add pieces to your home that make you happy. It doesn't matter if it was on the latest magazine cover. You are the one who lives in your home so make sure it makes you happy.

2. Don't pass up a bargain. At first my husband didn't think we needed another item to fill our tiny one bedroom apartment, but I stood my ground knowing finding a typewriter in this fun color again may be difficult. 

3. You don't need to find everything overnight. Decorating a home should take time. Don't run out and buy everything you see. Find the small pieces that make an impact on your home. 

4. Thrift shopping can be a good thing. Thank you Macklemore for making Thrift Shopping famous. I am a total hipster since I thrift shopped before it was cool ;)

You can find a diamond in the rough. You just need vision sometimes to alter a picture frame or sculpture to how you want it.

5. Start small. If you aren't sure what you like, use website such as pinterest or magazines to gain inspiration to what catches your eye and pleases your inner designer. Trust me, you will know after you pin 30 yellow tables that you really like yellow tables. 

Do you have any tips for adding unique character pieces to your home? I would love to hear it!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...