photo Home-01_zps4183128e.jpg              photo AboutJess-02_zps9efae9a4.jpg              photo Email-03_zpsfe60254d.jpg              photo Sponsor-04_zpsad5f9cd7.jpg

Thursday, October 24, 2013

2 for 1 Dinner: Pulled Pork BBQ Pizza & BBQ Sandwiches



As a newlywed, the HARDEST thing to do it make dinner. Okay, maybe not the hardest, but it is a lot trickier than I thought it would be! I was so good in college about warming up a cheese on a tortilla and calling it a meal. Some nights if I was feeling spontaneous I would add some chicken and salsa. Go me!
Now that I have my other half, I want to make all of these awesomely impressive meals. At the same time I want it to be somewhat healthy and EASY. 

Who knew it would be so hard to find recipes? I feel like I go to pinterest in search of a dinner idea and I come out feeling more overwhelmed than when I started.

So here is an easy idea. A two for one dinner! That's right I said it. 

Night One: Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches

Night Two: Pulled Pork BBQ Pizza

Here's how you pull of this awesome two night extravaganza. I started off with a Campbell's Slow Cooker pack (it honestly wasn't my favorite BBQ so I will be on the look out for one with more of a kick).


For the first night you add a pork roast and this slow cooker sauce to your slow cooker. That's it! Seriously. Let it cook for 4 hours on high or 8 on low. Serve on a warm bun. Boom, first night of dinner complete. 

Now for the second night. You will need:

Cheese
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce (It's the best)
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Onion
A Pizza Crust
Left-Over Pulled Pork


Follow the directions on the crust by precooking it for a few minutes. Then pull it out and spread on BBQ sauce to your liking.


Top with chopped onions, peppers, pork, and cheese!


Bake for instructed time on the pizza crust. (Mine was about 8 minutes). 


 My husband was a happy man. Even with all the veggies, he was devouring this pizza. He said this was a "show-off" meal to make when people come over. 

It seriously was so delicious. Just the right amount of kick with the BBQ sauce and spiciness. It also gave the pork a completely different flavoring. It was Y U M. 






1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...