photo Home-01_zps4183128e.jpg              photo AboutJess-02_zps9efae9a4.jpg              photo Email-03_zpsfe60254d.jpg              photo Sponsor-04_zpsad5f9cd7.jpg

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Consignment Stores-- My Inspiration of the Week

Consignment stores.

What do you think when I say that? 

This week, I think iNSPIRATION! 

I went home to visit the family this weekend and we ended up stopping in St. George, Utah at the most adorable shop I have every seen. Have any of you shopped at Urban Renewal?? It is the most unique store. I fell in love. And when I say love, I mean like drooling, can't get it off my mind after I leave, twitter-patted, real love. Whew! Glad I told someone about that. 

The only thing I am disappointed with is myself. Why do I forget to take pictures of things I love? I could never tell you. But I did catch a few pictures of my FAVORITE pieces that I will share with you today. 


This dresser above is like my dream piece of furniture. This iPhone photo doesn't even give it justice. I want you to go to this store and just see this piece. You won't regret it. It appears to be a wicker piece that was painted and sanded or used the Vaseline technique. I just love it. 


Also those awesome pieces of artwork on top are perfect. The stacks are books with the covers pulled off. This gives a muted and nude look to the stacks as well as very worn and vintage. The store tied jute around the stacks to give them that cohesive feel and look. Also, sea shell, duh. That's awesome.


This next piece was hard to take a picture of since the store is literally head to toe furniture and decor. There are tables stacked on tables stacked on chairs. It sounds like madness, but it is pure bliss. 


This table is my inspiration for a FREE table I am scoring from my parents. They actually bought a super amAAzing table from this store, and had this smaller table they need to get rid of. I love the two tone look of black on white. I also love the glossy top. 

What do you think? Should I go another direction with my table? 

Do you shop consign and design stores? I would love to know. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...