photo Home-01_zps4183128e.jpg              photo AboutJess-02_zps9efae9a4.jpg              photo Email-03_zpsfe60254d.jpg              photo Sponsor-04_zpsad5f9cd7.jpg

Friday, October 18, 2013

Polka Dots for Days-- DIY Coffee Table Tray



Hello! 

I hope you are all going out tonight to a pumpkin patch while eating carmel apples! Cliff and I will be going to a foodie fest here in Las Vegas with some of the top food trucks in the nation! I'm stoked. 

I am also stoked to share this super easy and adorable DIY project. Cliff and I recently got this coffee table for FREE. Immediately after receiving it I knew I wanted to put a tray on it. After searching for the perfect one, I wasn't satisfied with how they looked or the price tags on the trays I loved. I decided to do what I do best and craft one! 

So here we go! I scored this tray at goodwill for a couple bucks. It was black to begin with. It wasn't ugly, but I wanted to spruce it up a bit. I started by using some left over primer from my desk to entertainment center redo found here if you haven't seen it. Zinsser cover stain primer is my personal fav. This just covers up the black and allows for the paint to stick. 

I decided to do white and gray so I painted a few coats of paint. I just used craft paint, but any type would work. I taped off the edges of the white just to give it a clean look before I painted the gray.


Then I used a round foam brush to polka dot away! I started one row at a time. NO formal measuring required, just a good eyeball to make sure it's even.


I wanted it to look a little worn with love so I used sandpaper to sand the actual dots and the corners and edges of the tray. 







I topped it off with some flowers, a thrifted old book, and a candle. Tada! Project complete!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...